Our Lady of the River Catholic Church is both a quiet oasis of serenity and an energetic center for worship. We are a community of Christians guided by the Holy Spirit, associated with the diocese and served by a pastor. Our mission is to promote the Kingdom of God through prayer (primarily our Eucharistic celebration), education and service, and to exemplify Christian life in seeking holiness and the promise of salvation through Christ Jesus.
St. James Mission in Princeton, Iowa (established in 1923) merged with St. Henry Mission in Le Claire, Iowa (established in 1935) to form Our Lady of the River Church in 1969. Father Anthony Conrad was its first pastor. In 1973, a new parish center was built between Le Claire and Princeton. When the new church was dedicated in 1980 by Bishop Gerald O'Keefe, Father James Conroy stated, "The cornerstone (of our church) Jesus, expresses the real purpose and meaning of Our Lady of the River Church, Our Lives, like this church, must be built on Jesus."