Religious Education instruction at Our Lady of the River aims towards improving the growth of the student's relationship with God and the church. Our goal is to accomplish this instruction through fellow parishioners who can aid in this growth. These people and the materials they provide for a Christian example of living help formulate Catholic goals for the Student's life. Our goals are to help all persons to grow in faith. To lead students to human and spiritual maturity. To guide them in the search for right understanding of God's Word. These goals are expressed in the following threefold manner.
- THE GOAL OF FORMAL RELIGIOUS EDUCATION:
- To be a living and life-giving discipline which formally aids people.
- To listen to Christ and build a personal relationship with Him.
- To provide an environment to grow in one's faith.
- To share the experience of growing as person and responding freely in faith to His presence through worship, prayer and the sacraments.
- THE GOAL OF RELIGIOUS INSTRUCTION:
- To provide a program and structure to be used by the parish community to respond to the needs of people pursuing the goal of the formal discipline of religious education.
- GOALS OF OUR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION STAFF:
- To form itself into a community of service to assist the people of the parish to identify and respond to their needs in religious education in fulfilling the goals of religious instruction.